Tuscan and Umbrian Countryside
Starting at $294911 days • 16 meals
Tour HighlightsRome, Orvieto, Spoleto, Cooking Class, Olive Oil Factory, Bevagna, Montefalco, Home-Hosted Lunch, Assisi, Winery, Florence, Siena, Monteriggioni, Volterra, San Gimignano
TOUR DESCRIPTIONSee another side of Italy. Explore Tuscany and Umbria’s smaller, more authentic towns. Overnight in 2 restored palaces. Learn the secrets of Tuscan and Umbrian cuisine. Journey to Florence, the “Cradle of the Italian Renaissance.” Visit a family owned winery for a tasting and have a home-hosted lunch in a charming country home. Stop in Siena, a medieval town with one of Tuscany's most beautiful squares. Travel to the Etruscan hill town of Orvieto, known for its white wine and Gothic cathedral. Along the way, savor regional specialties and enjoy Italian wines with every dinner.
Explore. Connect. Live
- Take the road less traveled through central Italy and explore Tuscany and Umbria’s smaller, more authentic towns.
- Participate in a cooking class in Umbria in a 16th century farmhouse and learn to make some of the region’s most delicious recipes.
- Enjoy a home-cooked meal at one of Umbria’s country homes while dining with a local family.
- Sample local specialties while sipping the famed Sagrantino wine during a winery visit near the “Balcony of Umbria,” Montefalco.
- Travel to Volterra and visit one of the most famous Etruscan museums in Italy, the Guarnacci Museum.
- Experience the benefits of personal audio headsets, designed for better communication between you and your guides throughout your tour.
Select a Date
Passport & visa information
Certain countries require a minimum of 6 months passport validity. You are strongly urged to contact the appropriate consulate for details. Visit www.travel.state.gov for the U.S. State Department for the latest details about passports and visa requirements.
IMPORTANT: We recommend that our clients traveling abroad take a photocopy of their passport and applicable visas. It should be packed separately from your actual passport and visa. We also recommend leaving a copy at home with your emergency contact.
Destination Facts & Stats
Italy is 6 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time.
An adaptor (which changes the physical plug) and/or converter (which changes the electric current) are necessary if you plan to use an appliance with voltage different from the standard within the country you are visiting. Please note, if your appliance has dual voltage you may still need an adaptor for the plug. When packing your electronic items for travel, please review the converter electric current level to make sure it is the same or greater than the items you are planning on using. If you plan on utilizing or transporting a sleep apnea machine, please remember to pack an extension cord and adapter plug to ensure proper function.
Elevation on this tour will not exceed 1,000 feet.