Collette Vacations Rediscover Cuba - A Cultural Exploration
Starting at $37948 days • 18 meals
Tour HighlightsTrinidad, Pottery Demonstration, Cienfuegos, Havana, Cuban Fine Arts Museum, Casa Fuster
TOUR DESCRIPTIONJoin us as we cross a cultural divide, exploring the art, history and culture of the Cuban people. Discover Trinidad, known for its cobblestone streets and pastel colored houses. There, visit historic cathedrals and colonial homes on a city tour with your local guide. Next, set off for one of the world’s most culturally rich cities, Havana. Stay at the iconic Hotel Nacional and explore much of the city’s architecture in Old Havana. Take a steam train ride to a former sugar plantation that Fidel Castro used as his headquarters during the Bay of Pigs. Meet a Cuban family in their very own paladar, a privately-owned restaurant. Throughout your journey, experience the power of travel to unite two peoples in a true cultural exchange.
- Spend 7 nights in Cuba’s cities of Trinidad and Havana and soak in the island’s culture, history and art.
- Enjoy an interactive lecture on the instruments used to produce the distinctive "Sounds of Cuba."
- Meet the owners of one of Havana's paladars, a small specialty restaurant with its own organic farm.
- Ride a steam train through the countryside, stopping along the way to experience the life of local farmers.
- Visit a working cigar factory to learn about this government-regulated industry and meet some of the workers who are widely regarded as the most skilled rollers in the world.
Select a Date
Passport & visa information
Certain countries require a minimum of 6 months passport validity. You are strongly urged to contact the appropriate consulate for details. Visit www.travel.state.gov for the U.S. State Department for the latest details about passports and visa requirements.
IMPORTANT: We recommend that our clients traveling abroad take a photocopy of their passport and applicable visas. It should be packed separately from your actual passport and visa. We also recommend leaving a copy at home with your emergency contact.
Destination Facts & Stats
Although Cuba also uses 110 voltage with standard American outlets, some hotels only offer 220 voltage. An adaptor (which changes the physical plug) and/or converter (which changes the electric current) may be necessary if you plan to use an appliance with voltage different from the standard within the country you are visiting. Please note, if your appliance has dual voltage you may still need an adaptor for the plug. When packing your electronic items for travel, please review the converter electric current level to make sure it the same or greater than the items you are planning on using. If you plan on utilizing or transporting a sleep apnea machine, please remember to pack an extension cord & adapter plug to ensure proper function.
Elevation on this tour will not exceed 1,000 feet.