Christmas on the Danube
Starting at $17499 days • 19 meals
Tour HighlightsWürzburg, Rothenburg, Nuremberg, Regensburg, Passau, Wachau Valley, Vienna, Hofburg Palace, Vienna Opera House, Christmas Markets
TOUR DESCRIPTIONBegin your holiday season with a relaxing cruise along the scenic Danube River, stopping at traditional Christmas markets in Vienna, Regensburg, Passau, Rothenburg and Nuremberg. Nuremberg is home to one of the oldest and largest Christmas markets in the world, and is famous as a toy making center, known for its fanciful nutcrackers and Lebkuchen (gingerbread). Float through the Wachau Valley dotted with castles and small riverside towns. Discover Würzburg, an ancient Franconian wine town. Delight in the fairytale, baroque architecture in Passau. In Vienna, join a local expert in exploring the historic sights where you’ll indulge in the city’s atmosphere of opulence and elegance.
- Visit and shop in the famous Christmas markets of Rothenburg, Nuremberg, Regensburg, Passau and Vienna.
- Unpack once for a relaxing 6-night Danube River cruise.
- Explore Würzburg, Germany, known as “the jewel of the Main River,” and the lovely medieval town of Rothenburg.
- Cruise through the Wachau Valley, the most picturesque region of the Danube River.
- Experience an up-close look at the historic cities that sit along the banks of the Danube.
- Experience the benefits of personal audio devices, designed for better communication between you and your guides throughout your tour.
Select a Date
Passport & visa information
Certain countries require a minimum of 6 months passport validity. You are strongly urged to contact the appropriate consulate for details. Visit www.travel.state.gov for the U.S. State Department for the latest details about passports and visa requirements.
IMPORTANT: We recommend that our clients traveling abroad take a photocopy of their passport and applicable visas. It should be packed separately from your actual passport and visa. We also recommend leaving a copy at home with your emergency contact.
Destination Facts & Stats
All countries on this tour are 6 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time.
An adaptor (which changes the physical plug) and/or converter (which changes the electric current) are necessary if you plan to use an appliance with voltage different from the standard within the country you are visiting. Please note, if your appliance has dual voltage you may still need an adaptor for the plug. When packing your electronic items for travel, please review the converter electric current level to make sure it is the same or greater than the items you are planning on using. If you plan on utilizing or transporting a sleep apnea machine, please remember to pack an extension cord and adapter plug to ensure proper function.