Southern Italy & Sicily
Starting at $239912 days • 17 meals
Tour HighlightsPalermo, Monreale, Agrigento, Valley of the Temples, Catania, Mt. Etna Volcano, Giardini Naxos, Taormina, Altamura, Matera, Alberobello, Sorrento, Amalfi Coast, Pompeii
TOUR DESCRIPTIONDiscover Sicily, the crossroads of civilizations. Here Moorish and Norman influences intertwine and Greek and Roman ruins stand guard over the landscape. Tour Agrigento’s Valley of the Temples. Travel to the historic hilltop town of Taormina. Explore the stunning Amalfi Coast and Sorrento. Visit a local winery and agriturismo for a wine tasting and dinner featuring regional specialties. In evocative Pompeii, walk in the footsteps of ancient Romans who perished in the foothills of Mount Vesuvius.
- Experience the benefits of Whisper Headsets, designed for better communication between you and your guides throughout your tour.
- Ancient Greek culture comes to life during a guided tour of Agrigento's Valley of the Temples.
- Spend a day exploring the jewel of Sicily, the historic hill top town of Taormina.
- Enjoy regional wine with every included dinner.
- Visit the “Sassi di Matera” and experience how people lived in their cave dwellings.
- Visit a local winery and “agriturismo” for a tasting and regional dinner.
- History comes alive during a guided visit to the ancient Roman city of Pompeii.
Select a Date
Passport & visa information
Certain countries require a minimum of 6 months passport validity. You are strongly urged to contact the appropriate consulate for details. Visit www.travel.state.gov for the U.S. State Department for the latest details about passports and visa requirements.
IMPORTANT: We recommend that our clients traveling abroad take a photocopy of their passport and applicable visas. It should be packed separately from your actual passport and visa. We also recommend leaving a copy at home with your emergency contact.
Destination Facts & Stats
Italy is 6 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time.
An adaptor (which changes the physical plug) and/or converter (which changes the electric current) are necessary if you plan to use an appliance with voltage different from the standard within the country you are visiting. Please note, if your appliance has dual voltage you may still need an adaptor for the plug. When packing your electronic items for travel, please review the converter electric current level to make sure it is the same or greater than the items you are planning on using. If you plan on utilizing or transporting a sleep apnea machine, please remember to pack an extension cord and adapter plug to ensure proper function.
Elevation on this tour will not exceed 6,300 feet (Etna).