Discover Portugal's Treasures
Starting at $304912 days • 17 - 18 meals
Tour HighlightsPalmela, Evora, Royal Palace Ducal, Castle of the Knights Templar, Porto, Stock Exchange Palace, Guimarães, Palace of the Dukes, Cooking Class & Wine Pairing, Vista Alegre Porcelain, Cascais, Lisbon, Jeronimo's Monastery, Belem Tower, Folkloric Fado Dinner Show, Sintra, 4 Wine Cellar Visits, 10 UNESCO World Heritage Sites
TOUR DESCRIPTION<B>Discover Portugal’s hidden gems.</B> From the rhythms of Fado to the realm of the Knights Templar, explore this Iberian gem. Travel to the Portuguese Riviera. Stay in a series of pousadas – elegant, unique, historic hotels. Visit 10 UNESCO World Heritage sites, including the Tower of Belem. Call upon Porto, birthplace of Prince Henry the Navigator. Marvel at the priceless treasures of the Royal Palace Ducal and the National Museum of Coaches. Follow the contours of the Douro River and savor local wines from the world’s oldest wine making region. Linger in Cascais on the Portuguese Riviera. Watch the secrets of Portuguese cuisine come to life during an interactive cooking class. Raise a glass of the nation’s renowned Port and toast a land with a fascinating past and modern charm.
Explore. Connect. Live
- Enjoy 10 nights of accommodations in Portugal’s famous pousadas (historic lodgings).
- Spend three nights on the “Portuguese Riviera” with deluxe accommodations in a 16th century fortress.
- Learn the history of the Knights Templar when you visit the Convent of the Order of Christ.
- In a historic setting, discover the secrets of Portuguese cuisine during a cooking class complete with wine pairings.
- Enjoy 4 wine cellar visits with tastings including Muscatel, Port, sparkling Raposeira and Alentejo wines.
- Visit the famous Baroque Mateus Palace and gardens for a glimpse into the aristocratic lifestyle.
- Wine is served with every included dinner.
- Experience the benefits of personal audio headsets, designed for better communication between you and your guides throughout your tour.
Select a Date
Passport & visa information
Certain countries require a minimum of 6 months passport validity. You are strongly urged to contact the appropriate consulate for details. Visit www.travel.state.gov for the U.S. State Department for the latest details about passports and visa requirements.
IMPORTANT: We recommend that our clients traveling abroad take a photocopy of their passport and applicable visas. It should be packed separately from your actual passport and visa. We also recommend leaving a copy at home with your emergency contact.
Destination Facts & Stats
Portugal is 5 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time.
An adaptor (which changes the physical plug) and/or converter (which changes the electric current) are necessary if you plan to use an appliance with voltage different from the standard within the country you are visiting. Please note, if your appliance has dual voltage you may still need an adaptor for the plug. When packing your electronic items for travel, please review the converter electric current level to make sure it is the same or greater than the items you are planning on using. If you plan on utilizing or transporting a sleep apnea machine, please remember to pack an extension cord and adapter plug to ensure proper function.
Highest elevation: approximately 3,600 feet (Palmela).